We want you to enjoy the special place that is Morecambe Bay, remembering that it is as treacherous as it is beautiful.
Prior to your walk, the Queen’s Guide and volunteer testers will have plotted a safe passage across the Bay using skills and techniques which are hundreds of years old.
On your walk across the Bay the Guide would ask you to observe the following:
- Be on time. The window of opportunity to safely navigate between the tidal flow is limited.
- The GUIDE will use a whistle to start and stop the walkers.
- Do not walk in front of the GUIDE at any time during the walk.
- This is a wonderful opportunity for the children to learn and ask questions but we would ask you to know where they are at all times. All children and pets must be with their guardians at the river crossing.
- This area is a site of Special Scientific Interest so we need to take our waste away when we leave and that includes not leaving litter around the start of finish point.
- The designated corridor of travel mapped out with ‘brobs’ will be followed by the GUIDE. You should follow that path and not cut any corners no matter how safe it looks.
- You should keep behind the guide.
Feel free to ask our team any questions or concerns on the day.
At the end of our walk you will have the opportunity to receive a certificate of completion for a small donation of £2. Michael would be more than happy to have a photo with you to mark your amazing achievement.